Friday, August 19th, 2022

Agnipath protests: Coaching center owner detained for Secunderabad arson.

The Telangana police detained Avula Subba Rao; the owner of a coaching institute in Narasaraopet town of Palnadu district in Andhra Pradesh. Police arrested him for allegedly instigating the youth to protest against the defense ministry’s new recruitment scheme, Agnipath. In which a 21-year-old Army aspirant, D Rakesh, died and 15 others were injured. A senior Secunderabad police official said that; Rao has been handed over to the railway police, which is investigating the case. They are searching for people in nine other Army exam coaching institutes for their role in the violence at Secunderabad railway station. A police official familiar with the development said the accused was identified as one Avula Subba Rao. He was running the Sai Defence Academy in Narasaraopet town. Rao, who belongs to Turimella village of Kambam block in Prakasam district, was nabbed by the police. He was traveling from Hyderabad to Narsaraopet in the morning. He is learnt to have created a WhatsApp group called Hakimpet Army Soldiers which comprises hundreds of army job aspirants. It was in this group that he had sent messages to all of them to take part in the agitation at Secunderabad railway station.  

Police found that it was Subba Rao and his colleagues who had arranged food, buttermilk, and drinking water for protestors.  

The police, who seized the mobile phones of the young men who were arrested in Friday’s violence in Secunderabad; found that they had assembled as per a plan proposed by Subba Rao to register their protest against the Agnipath scheme. Police also found that it was Subba Rao and his colleagues who had arranged food, buttermilk, and drinking water for protestors. It could not be ascertained whether Subba Rao too had participated in the vandalism. No violence was reported from anywhere in Telangana on Saturday, though at some places Army aspirants held protest marches.  Violence and protests marred the station blocking rail services and causing inconvenience to passengers for several hours. Train operations originating from the station were canceled or partially canceled and they resumed subsequently later in the evening. On Friday, the police arrested more than 100 protestors accused of involvement in the arson. 

Connect with Us

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *